Frequently Asked Questions
What is the pacing on the tours?
- Do not stress about pacing. We walk at a relaxed pace during our walking tours and can run at all pace levels during the running tours. Run pace is set by the group and is at a casual pace, averaging anywhere from 10 to 12 minutes per mile. (6.21 to 7.46 minutes per kilometer). We are well versed in the art of run pacing and have the experience to find a speed that is comfortable and enjoyable for all participants and we will not leave anyone behind.
- Walk pace averages between 15 and 20 minutes per mile.
I am not that experienced of a runner. Can I still participate?
- We highly encourage newbies! Please join us regardless of running experience. Please note that LVRT runs are not races and are not competitive- our mission is to provide a fun and informative running experience!
Are there breaks or do you run the entire time?
- Our Guided Runs do have breaks scheduled in the run at points of interest to allow for photo opportunities as well as a brief break should someone need it. As always, we have the ability to slow down or stop a run if necessary.
What is the slowest pace you lead?
- For running tours, we request that all participants are able to run a 15 minute mile pace or faster. The group travels at the average pace and regroups at sights during the runs.
- For walking tours, we request that participants be able to walk at a 20 minute mile pace or faster.
What should I bring?
- Clothing- Suitable layers (such as a light jacket) as you tend to be colder at the beginning of the run and warmer toward the end. Comfortable shoes in which you can run, pain free for your selected run distance. Do not forget your hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Water, Other Liquids and Food- We ask that you bring what you feel is necessary for you to complete your selected run. Our guides do carry water with them in case of an emergency, but not for community consumption. There are plenty of opportunities to get water inside the casinos, but if you would like personal access to water during the run, we ask that you bring (and carry your own).
- Personal Belongings - We ask that you keep these to a minimum, but understand the need for items such as keys, wallets, cameras, phones, etc. and our guides are equipped with small back packs to accommodate such items.
Are water fountains and restrooms available during the runs?
- Our city walks/runs pass by many world famous hotels and casinos. Restrooms are plentiful and quite exquisite. Although our guides will carry a small amount of water for emergency use, we ask that you carry your own supply if you need additional water. If you have special needs regrading access to water or restrooms, please let us know on the reservation form, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Can the guides carry personal items for me?
- We do ask that you keep personal items to a minimum, but understand the need to bring items such as keys, wallets, cameras, phones, etc. Our guides are equipped with small back packs to accommodate such items and they are more than happy to carry them for you, but please note that, guides are not responsible for damage/loss of any runner's belongings.
What is your background/training?
- Koryn and Jimmy are seasoned and experienced runners who love meeting new people and sharing the joy of walking and running in and around Las Vegas. . We are also certified running coaches that are wilderness first aid and CPR certified and are equipped with basic first aid equipment.
Are your runs co-ed?
- Yes. In most circumstances we have men and women running together.
Do you still run during bad weather?
- We are here to take you for a hike, walk, or run and will do our best to make that happen as long as you are still interested. We do take weather into consideration when tours are booked and will provide you with all the necessary information regarding any potential problems that we foresee, but in the event of inclement weather or excessive heat warnings, we follow our refund policy below.
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover,and JCB.
All participants must sign a release of liability waiver and statement of medical health prior to tour.
It is your responsibility to inform us of medical conditions, ailments, disabilities, allergies, injuries, or other conditions that may affect the safety of yourself and the group.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Cancellations made 7 days in advance will receive a full refund, minus a 6% processing fee.
Cancellations made within 5-6 days will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations made within 3-4 days will receive a 25% refund.
Absolutely NO refunds will be issued for cancellations within 48 hours of a reservation.
Please contact us at email@example.com or (702) 473-0557 for more information.