I consider myself to be extremely lucky because I have found my true calling and true passion in life, competing in endurance events and coaching others to do the same. I have always been active throughout my life. I started out playing tennis as a young child and eventually went on to play at the high school and college level. Yet, it was in college that I found my true passion for running. I signed up for a few 5 and 10k races, did quite well, and the rest, as they say, is history. Since 2005, I have competed in numerous 10Ks, half-marathons, marathons, 50K, 50 mile, and 100-mile races. My affinity for running blossomed into my desire for taking on triathlons. I have competed in numerous half-ironman, and full ironman distance triathlons since 2007.
My passion for competing in endurance events is rivaled only by one thing, my passion for coaching and teaching others. I was a middle school Health and Physical Education teacher for 10 years before I committed myself to coaching full time. My goal, whether in teaching or coaching, is always to motivate others to adopt a healthier and more active lifestyle. I thoroughly enjoy spreading this message to people of all ages. I have had the pleasure of coaching and teaching young kids, teens, and adults.
My quest to reach more people and spread the health and fitness message lead me to establish Las Vegas Running Tours (LVRT). Born out of a love for running, teaching, and meeting new people, I started up LVRT with the intentions of getting people to remain active while on vacation here is Las Vegas. Fast forward a few years later and I have met so many wonderful people from around the world and have had the pleasure to share a walk or run with them.
In keeping with my vision and goals of positively reaching all people and helping them establish good health and wellness habits, I organized and started the Las Vegas Endurance Triathlon Club (LVETC) in 2015. LVETC provides me with a great opportunity to help rookie and seasoned triathletes and runners improve health, wellness, and swim/bike/run skills. I consider myself extremely lucky because I get to coach and interact with some of the most amazing people around.
My passion for coaching and working with others has lead me to pursue and successfully complete the USAT Level One Triathlon Coaching certification, Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Coaching certification, American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Training certification, USA Cycling Level 3 certification, and Cross Fit Endurance (CFE) certification.
- 2015- USAT All-American
- 2015- HITS Havasu 70.3- 5:06:42; 1st in 40-44 age group; 4th overall
- 2014- USAT All-American
- 2014- USAT Age Group Championships- Intermediate Distance triathlon; 2:12:34
- 2013- St. George 70.3- 5:10
- 2011- St. George Ironman; 10:53; 36th in 35-39 age group; 147th overall
- 2011- ET Fullmoon Midnight 51K; 4:09; 3rd Overall
- 2010- San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon; 2:49; 4th in 35-39 age group; 41st overall
- 2009- Carlsbad Half-marathon; 1:21; 18th in 35-39 age group; 58th overall
- 2009- Ironman 70.3 California; 4:56; 52nd in 30-34 age group; 243rd overall
- 2009- Ironman Arizona; 10:18; 48th in 30-34 age group; 212th overall
- 2009- Las Vegas Rock and Roll Marathon; 2:57; 15th in 30-34 age group; 79th overall
- 2008- Run with an Angel 50 mile run; 6:40; 1st place overall
- 2008- Los Angeles Marathon; 2:51; 12th in 30-34 age group; 53rd overall
- 2008- Moab 100 mile trail run; 26:19; 3rd place overall
- 2008- Las Vegas Marathon; 2:55; 9th in 30-34 age group; 30th overall
- 2007- Dead Presidents 6 hour run; 6:00; 1st place overall; 45 miles completed
- 2007- Moab 100 mile trail run; 24:06; 1st place overall
- 2007- Mt. Disappointment 50 mile trail run; 9:39; 3rd place in 30-39 age group; 5th place overal
- 2007- Marine Corps Marathon; 2:56; 119th place overall
- 2006- Boston Marathon; 3:01; 800th overall
- 2005- Honolulu Marathon; 2:57; 86th overall