Born and raised outside of Buffalo, NY, sports have been a part of Koryn's life since she was a young child. Friendly neighborhood games of baseball, volleyball, football and basketball eventually turned into playing volleyball and softball for the high school team. Koryn was much more of a team sport athlete rather than an individual "runner" athlete. In fact, Koryn didn't much like running at all, unless it was a 50 yard or 100 yard dash. Fast forward several years and that all changed.
Running a marathon had always been on Koryn's "bucket list". So, when she was given the opportunity to train for a half marathon with Team Challenge, she jumped at it. Koryn figured it was a great way to give back because Team Challenge is a charity and it would also get her one step closer to reaching her goal of running a full marathon. Once Koryn crossed the finish line of that first race, she had fallen in love with running. At that point running became a passion.
Since then, Koryn has completed numerous 10Ks, half marathons, marathons, and triathlons. She continues to train daily and set her sights on more triathlons and marathons.
Koryn is currently the a Head Run Coach with Team Challenge and enjoys helping participants find their inner runner. She holds run Coaching certifications through Team Challenge and the United States Association of Track and Field (USATF).
- 2015- HITS Havasu Triathlon- Olympic Distance- 2:54:3; 1st female 35-39 age group; 4th Overall female
- 2013- Surf City Half Marathon – 1:55:52, Overall 2410, Female 846, Division 171
- 2013- Rockin Rabbit Half Marathon – 1:53:58, Overall 23, Female 9, Division 3
- 2013- Rock N Roll San Diego Marathon – 4:26:08, Overall 2870, Female 883, Division 157
- 2012- Amica 10K – 57:28, Overall 23, Female 9, Division 3
- 2012- Rock N Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon – 1:55:51, Overall 2085, Female 611, Division 147